Wednesday, February 10, 2010

D&G Inspired

I was reading a magazine the other day and this look I had to do. I love the make up ofold Hollywood and I love Scarlett Johansson, so it was a no brainer to try this look. It's pretty simple, although doing perfect red lips can be tricky. Just follow my lip tricks and doing a red lip won't be as scary as you thought. I also debated putting this look up because I wasn't as happy I thought I would be with the look. However, it is a good look for simple eyes and bold lips. A tribute to the 1940s Hollywood :)

Eyes:
Two Faced Eye Shadow Insurance
MAC paintpot in Bare Study
MAC Jest e/s all over lids, up to brow
Urban Decay Scratch e/s blended with Jest
MAC Satin Taupe e/s blended into the crease
MAC Dazzlelight e/s as highlight
MAC Goldmine e/s blended into lid
Bourjois liquid clubbing eyeliner in Absolute Black on upper lashline, winged out
Any white eyeliner on the lower waterline
Benefit's Browzings in Light

Cheeks:
Benefit HighBeam
MAC MSF in Petticoat

Lips:
1) concealer to mute out all lipcolor
2) Any red lipliner, fill in after you line the lips (this will make the color last longer) and make sure to excentuate the cupid's bow for that perfect pout!
3) MAC Russian Red lipstick or you can use any blue tone red lipstick (blue tones make your teeth look whiter, whereas the orange/yellow tones make your teeth look more yellow...boo)
4) clear lipgloss-- you can skip this step if you want a more matte look.
5) Finally, go around your lips with your concealer (use a small angled brush with hard bristles) to add precision to your lips and make it look more clean.









No comments:

Post a Comment