Thursday, February 2, 2012

Turning Page Inspired Look

One day I will have the time and courage to actually post videos on my YouTube page because then this look would make more sense. I just hate my voice when I hear it played back, but I have a camcorder and I just need a good way to film and learn how to edit and I'll be good to go on my first video. It's in the works folks :)

This look was inspired as I was listening to Sleeping At Last- Turning Page. A lot of beauty gurus will do looks inspired by a song and that's what I did for the look below. I would say it's a grey-purple look. Obviously smoky because that's my signature look. I tried to do a gradient effect but I think my colors were too similar so it didn't turn out as perfect as I'd like but overall I'm pleased with the look. What's interesting is the lipstick because it looks more brown-pink on the lips but the lipstick color is actually more mauve-taupe and I layered it with a lavender color dazzleglass...so I don't know if the lighting is picking up the right color. This is also one of the first looks I have done with my Inglot shadows. Inglot is a makeup company baed out of Poland and they have amazing eyeshadows for only $5 a pan. I am absolutely in love with them. They are so soft and easy to blend. My only complaint would be that because they are too soft you get more eyeshadow than needed and it's wasteful. However, the pan size for these shadows are relatively large so it's not that big of a deal. They can just be messy and get all over my desk. I should do a review and swatches of them. They are so pretty! Anyways, enjoy!

Face:
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #4 mixed with Benefit Girl Meets Pearl
Benefit Boi-ing concealer in #01
Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Powder in #4
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
MAC Beauty Powder in Briar Rose
Benefit High Beam

Eyes:
Laura Mercier Eye Base in Wheat
MAC Paint Pot in For Effect
Inglot #376 blended into crease and on lower lashline
Inglot #434 on lid
Smashbox Putty blended in middle of lid only
Smashbox Blacktop added to crease for more definition
Smashbox Mist in the inner corner
Too Faced Cut the Cake in the inner corner and lower lashline
Inglot #354 as a highlight
Lancome Artliner in Noir on upper lashline
Stila Kajal pencil eyeliner in upper tightline and waterline
Benefit Speed Brow gel
Benefit Eye Bright in inner corner
Lancome CILS Booster XL mascara primer
Lancome Doll Lashes mascara

Lips:
MAC Lipliner in Draw Me Close
MAC Lipstick in Soft Sable
MAC Dazzleglass in Via Veneto-- my favorite lipgloss of ALL time.









No comments:

Post a Comment