Thursday, January 22, 2009

MAC Eyeshadow Review

Before posting another look I wanted to do a product review. Ok, so what am I currently in love with?! MAC eyeshadow. I only own six colors and all are neutral colors except for one. I always heard good things about MAC but as stated in an earlier post never really checked them out until now. I will say their eyeshadow has lasted the longest over any other I have used. Their colors are so pigmented and they have 80+ colors to choose from. Not including the little jars of pigment that can be used not only for eyes, but lips, face and nails as well. I know, you're thinking, "but Ashley MAC is pretty expensive isn't it?" Yes and No. Their brushes definitely are an investment, but they work amazingly and last forever. So, yes, those are expensive. Everything else is very comprable. Their single eyeshadow pots are $14.50 each. Compare it to Lancome whose single eyeshadow is $18, NARS is $22, and Dior $24.50. With big names such as these it's really not that expensive. I mean in regard to drugstore brands it is somewhat pricey, but not overly so. Plus if you go to a MAC Pro store...there is one at NorthPark in the DFW area, you can buy the just the pans of single eyeshadow to put into a pallet for only $11. Okay, so you don't get the nifty little pot but you save $3.50, it's magnetic and you can put it all into a bigger pallet (they have a 4 count for $2 and the 15 count is $5 I think...) so yeah little tip there if you want to buy a few colors at one time. And if you do have MAC eyeshadows in the pot, you can de-pot them (look for ways on YouTube) or any other empty MAC container, just take 6 of these back to any MAC store and you will recieve a free MAC lipstick! Hopefully there are a few of you out there like me that was skeptical about trying MAC. Seriously, do it. It's amazing and you'll always keep coming back. I can't wait to save up and get some more products of theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment